Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a girl!!


Why is our blog pink you might ask? It's to celebrate our new addition! We would would like to announce that we are currently adopting a third child. Yes, you read that right. She is a beautiful 10 month old baby girl named Hiwot. If you keep up with our blog, you will know that I have mentioned her before. Thankfully, our friends Brittney and James spent a lot of time with her. They brought home tons of video and pictures. She is so chubby and happy!

She does have some developmental delay. She cannot hold her head up well or sit up on her own. Thankfully, we were able to get a CT scan done and have it read in the US. Besides a little fluid on her brain, her CT scan was normal. She has been through so much in her short life, we were so thankful and relieved with this positive news.

I know this is surprising for many of you, but let me reassure you that we have taken a lot of time to make this decision. We have been planning and praying about it for months. We have consulted with friends, counselors, and doctors. It was obvious from the beginning that we needed to help Hiwot in some way, but it took us a little while to get to our decision to adopt her.

We have decided to name her Zoey. I have always wanted to name a little girl this, without even knowing what it means. The word Hiwot means "life", which is very appropriate for this little girl. When we decided to adopt her, I knew we needed to keep her name meaning if we gave her more western name. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to name her Zoey. When I stated searching names, I found out that Zoey comes from the Greek word for "life." It couldn't have been more perfect! We can't wait for you to meet Zoey Hiwot Brown!

Please keep us in your prayers this week. Hiwot needs a stamp from a office that has been closed for a month, but will be opening this week. Also, someone from the US is going to Ethiopia to look into all of the paper work issues that Chera and Kenenisa have. I will post any updates that we get!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic...I'll be praying for you and Justin. Let me know if you need anything. Thanks for keeping the blog current.
    Amanda Edlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for more babies!!! Will be praying for you guys as you take on this awesome task!! Glad we got to spend some time talking to yall the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiwot is a sweetie and so are your boys. It was incredible to spend time with them. We can't wait until your family is all together! Praying for your children and all the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany shared with me your exciting news about adding Hiwot! I am so excited for you! Praying things will progress quickly!

    ReplyDelete